Free cataract surgery- Holy Cross Hospital, IndiaHoly Cross Hospital launched a new program titled ‘Holycross Mobile Comprehensive Rural Program’ in association with Manos Unidas, Spain for ten villages at Chikkamagaluru taluk. The main objective is to bring every villager to the mainstream of affordable, quality Healthcare as many are deprived of it due to various reasons; be it inaccessibility, poor knowledge or economic concerns.
Improving the health standard of 10 village communities with ongoing mobile health camps and awareness programmes..
- Safe guarding the health of pregnant women at selected villages and encouraging institutional delivery and promoting health & hygiene of women and adolescent girls in 20 villages.
- Create awareness on importance of nutrition for healthy motherhood and government schemes & benefits available among 10,000 people.
- Empowerment of health personnel ( 40 -50 ) with ongoing training on health issues.
- Every month Free mobile Health Camps are conducted and drugs are issued free of coast .
- In each village awareness programmes are conducted on health issues every month.
- Eye Screening Camps are conducted along with Medical camps.
- Daily conducting Family visit and help the people to tackle issues related to health.
- Training programmes for Asha workers, Anganwadi workers and Panchayat sanitation committee on health issues.
- School health programmes are conducted for primary school students.
- Attending Review meetings at PHC level and Taluk level.
- Attending meetings arranged for special programmes as and when specified by government.
- Assessment of patients with respiratory symptoms and collection of Sputum for Tuberculosis screening